Private Tutoring is a flat $50 per hour for one-to-one sessions.
Small Group (2-3 students) Tutoring may be available at a rate of $40 per hour per student.
If you are interested in the Small Group Tutoring option, please check with us to see if we currently have a learning-partner for your child at a similar age/level and with compatible coaching goals.
We generally tutor at the Ballina Library (6 River Street), but for other locations within our coverage area, mileage may be charged at the ATO’s current rate of cents per kilometre from the Ballina Library.
Tutoring will be tailored to the needs and goals of each student. Services may include;
- Assistance with understanding concepts across all the Key Learning Areas (KLAs); English, Maths, Sciences, HSIE
- Study skills and habits
- Revision/study techniques, exam preparation
- Time management and prioritisation
- Assistance with mental organisation, system planning and paperwork control
- Task decoding & outlining of strong responses
- Supervision and assistance with weekly homework tasks
- Other goals as requested by students, teachers and families
Cate also has many years’ experience as the Managing Editor for an international Publishing House, and is available for editing, proofreading and layout help for large written projects or university level thesis work.