What to Expect and Policies
Never worked with a tutor before? Here’s a brief outline of how it goes…
1. Ring Cate on 0490-508-335 to discuss your student’s needs.
2. Schedule your first 60-minute consultation with tutor, parents and student.
3. The one-hour tutoring sessions will look something like this:
- Student should have all necessary equipment and papers on hand. This may include recent schoolwork, reports, marked assignments or assessments. Additionally, student should be able to log in to any school-assigned educational support tools such as Soundwaves, Khan Academy, IXLmath or EdPerfect.
- Depending on the particular needs of each student, lessons and coaching will generally focus on achieving deliverable results and meeting defined benchmarks, whether it be for school-assigned tasks or for additional remedial and/or extension projects. Each session will therefore end with a plan for upcoming goals and expectations.
Parent Involvement: Parents are welcome to also log into our Zoom session and observe the tutoring hour. We have seen great success with parents being an active partner in their students’ learning plans, so overhearing the session can set parents up with some great tools to use through the rest of the week. This also assists the student with maintaining accountability for goals and deadlines.
Cancellation Policy: Absence due to illness should be texted/called in as soon as possible to avoid the fee. ‘No Shows’ will be assumed at 15 minutes past the scheduled start time, with the full hour payable. Arrangements for school holidays can be made by agreement.
Waiting List: Due to the limited day/evening hours available to families of school-aged children, it’s possible we may struggle to accommodate a new student. We appreciate your understanding if we ask you to consider an alternate time slot, but rest assured that existing students will not be moved from their agreed slot unless mutually convenient.
Cate Byers Lesson Source